This is a sketch of a squirrel that I painted today. I like to watch squirrels and they are abundant in Missouri. That is one thing I do for entertainment and the other things are painting/ drawing and sketching AND making websites to help people learn something. I have much info to share on upcoming music festivals, and some info for those who sponsor festivals also, so scroll down to read all of that. This sketch is on 8 x 11 paper that I sized with wheat paste to make it impermeable to water and I created it, signed it, photographed it, uploaded [and it took almost 10 minutes to upload 2 photos because criminal thugs tried to break into my account] and posted it today 9t Jan 2016. Those are my fingers holding left edge of that sketch today.
This is my 2016 personal logo to mark the turning of the year.
1) On-going until the 17th Jan: :"As co-directors of the Under the Radar Festival, Mark Russell and Meiyin Wang are in charge of bringing an eclectic range of theatrical programming to the Public Theater Jan. 6–17. The two scour the globe for theater companies and acts making evocative art, invite them to present their work to New York audiences, and foster a spirit of community among artists and theatergoers alike....a two-week, European-style festival that focuses on independent new work from around the world and especially New York. ...
It’s the 12th edition of the festival; it’s been at the Public Theater for 11 of those years. We’ve presented 200 companies from 38 countries. We like to talk about it like a film festival. So audiences are able to run from one show from Rwanda to another show from Chile to another show from New York. Really it’s about creating a space for those collisions."http://www.backstage.com/advice-for-actors/inside-job/inside-12th-annual-under-radar-festival/
2) East Grinstead in Sussex UK is seeking talent and deadline Jan 24th to enter: "PRIL sees the 49th annual East Grinstead Music & Arts Festival (EGMAF), which exists to promote dancing, singing, and speech and drama in and around Sussex.
Affiliated to The British and International Federation of Festivals, EGMAF is held at Chequer Mead Community Arts Centre and features classes for all ages.
Dance has categories for solo, duet, trio, troupes and groups: Singing for solo and choral; Speech for solo, duologue and trios as well as groups.
There are many sections within these categories
Full details together with Syllabus and Entry Form downloads are given on the Festival website at http://egmaf.org.uk/.
All are welcome but please note that the closing date for entries is 24 January."http://www.eastgrinsteadonline.com/2016/01/02/enter-now-for-music-and-arts-festival/
ALSO COMING UP:
1) Jan 22-23 St Louis symphony news : "The St. Louis Symphony Orchestra has some great programs coming up for the rest of the season. On Jan. 16, music director David Robertson and the orchestra will perform Olivier Messiaen’s “From the Canyons to the Stars (Des canyons aux Etoiles),” with a video installation by artist Deborah O’Grady. There are two mighty Mahler symphonies in the works: On Jan. 22-23, Robertson will conduct the romantic Mahler 5, paired with Timothy McAllister, soloing in the John Adams Saxophone Concerto; April 2-3 brings the innocence of the Mahler 4, with soprano Susanna Phillips. The orchestra’s Shakespeare Festival runs from Feb. 19 (Berlioz’s “Beatrice and Benedict” and more, led by Robertson), through March 11-12 (Leonard Slatkin conducting Berlioz’s “Romeo and Juliet”), with Mendelssohn’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” under the baton of Hans Graf, Feb. 27-28 and Prokofiev’s “Romeo and Juliet,” conducted by Gilbert Varga, March 5-6 in between. The season ends May 6-8 with Robertson leading Holst’s “The Planets.” (Powell Symphony Hall, 718 North Grand Boulevard; $29-$109; 314-534-1700; stlsymphony.org)
2) "The 2016 edition of the annual West Virginia Winter Music Festival (formerly the Greenbrier Valley Winter Music Festival) is slated for Saturday, January 30. This year’s event boasts seven venues with close to 40 acts from a five-county region in West Virginia and Virginia.
Participating venues this year are Greenbrier Valley Theatre, the Irish Pub, The Sweet Shoppe, The Lewis Theatre, The Asylum, Hill and Holler, and the All Ages Stage at the Greenbrier Valley Visitors Center.
Advance purchases can be made with credit cards by calling GVT’s box office during normal business hours beginning Jan. 25. The number of the box office is 304-645-3838"http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/arts-and-theatre/culture-club/classical-music-in-includes-slso-s-shakespeare-festival-arianna-string/article_ca6ffcb2-245d-53c6-b84e-1bb3008d407c.htmlhttp://mountainmessenger.com/west-virginia-winter-music-festival-set-january-30-downtown-lewisburg/
3) Arizona Aloha Festival, March 12 & 13,2016; http://www.azalohafest.org/ w/ quote :A free family event in Tempe!
Mark your calendars for March 12 and 13, 2016
10 a.m.to 5 p.m. at Tempe Beach Park.
Tempe Beach Park
80 W Rio Salado Pkwy, Tempe, 85281, United States
Tel: (480) 967-2001
4) Guns and Roses at Coachella 2016; Quote: " Anyone surprised by the news that Guns N’ Roses will reunite at this year’s Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is clearly forgetting one of Axl Rose’s signature mantras: “All we need is just a little patience.”...
The manicured expanse of the Empire Polo Club, where Coachella 2016 is April 15-17 and April 22-25, is an ideal setting to hear “November Rain,” “Don’t Cry” and “Sweet Child o’ Mine,” sweeping rock songs with a sense of scale now rarely heard in rock." " http://www.columbian.com/news/2016/jan/09/coachella-tunes-up-rock-reunion/
5) Big South Fork, TN is seeking singers and entertainment : "Oneida, Tennessee: Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area is seeking volunteer musical acts interested in performing at the 15th annual Big South Fork Spring Planting and Music Festival event scheduled for Saturday, April 30, 2016.
The park is currently soliciting musical groups of the traditional Cumberland Plateau style (to include Appalachian, bluegrass, and old-time country) to volunteer to perform during the Spring Planting event. Volunteer performers would benefit from exposure at the event as well as an optional opportunity to sell their music at a permitted booth. Camp sites are available for approved volunteers.
For more information, please call Timothy Smith, Spring Planting event music coordinator, at (423) 569-9778."http://www.themccrearyvoice.com/big-south-fork-seeks-musicians-for-spring-planting-music-festival/
6) Combining Greek myth and commedia dell’arte, profundity and slapstick, and, above all, great singing, Opera Theatre of St. Louis will bring Richard Strauss’ “Ariadne on Naxos” to life in the 2016 spring festival season. (June 5-24 at the Loretto-Hilton Center, 130 Edgar Road; single ticket prices not yet available; 314-961-0644; opera-stl.org);http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/arts-and-theatre/culture-club/classical-music-in-includes-slso-s-shakespeare-festival-arianna-string/article_ca6ffcb2-245d-53c6-b84e-1bb3008d407c.html
7) "hopes for a three-day festival to be held in Hartlepool to mark the 30th anniversary of Dock Rock.
Hartlepool Borough [UK] Council is considering the event for next summer and it could include a day filled with music as well as other celebrations."
Read more: http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/major-new-tourist-attraction-and-music-festival-planned-for-hartlepool-1-7652111#ixzz3wmTon1us
8) Stellenbosch International Chamber Music Festival
Fri, Jul 1, 2016 9:00am
Sun, Jul 10, 2016 10:00pm
Stellenbosch University Konservatorium
Stellenbosch, 7600 South Africa
9) " Lake of Stars Festival [Malawi] is an annual three-day international festival held on the shores of Lake Malawi, the third largest lake in Africa. The festival was started in 2004 and attracts over 3,000 attendees with musical acts from Africa and the United Kingdom....
"In 2014, the festival was named one of the top seven African music festivals to attend by CNN. Time Out named Lake of Stars as having the most beautiful festival location in the world, in 2015."http://www.hulutrip.com/news/201601/229624.html
10) "you've made the decision to attend the 2016 Essence Festival in New Orleans because you've heard it is one of the greatest concert experiences in the world for R & B and Old School Hip-Hop fans.
You've circled June 30-July 3 on your calendar...one of the world's largest sports stadiums, the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, the home of the New Orleans Saints. It is the building where all the official concerts for Essence Festival are held each year and there are some things you should know as a first-timer to Essence Festival about this massive building..." READ ARTICLE FOR INFO : http://www.app.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/01/02/2016-essence-festival-your-guide-mercedes-benz-superdome/78200640/
ALSO FOR THOSE WHO SPONSOR FESTIVALS SOME HELPFUL INFO:
The ten best music and dance festivals from around world in 2015 [very interesting w/ great photo] :http://www.edmsauce.com/2016/01/01/best-edm-festival-of-2015/
For sponsors of music festivals : http://www.eventbrite.com/blog/academy/music-festivals-trends-2014/
This is my copyright notice for this blog collectively and individually as posts.
This is my selfie from yr 2014. I look the same and have not [yet] cut my hair.
Copyright notice:I, Gloria Poole, own all rights to all content on this blog. Usually I sign the art I create as simply Gloria since that is my first name, that I was born with; but on pencil and or ink drawings I sometimes also sign my born with surname of Poole which is my legal name again because I removed the Pappas name from my name at time of final divorce decree in Oct 2007 from male DBP, and I resumed my full maiden name by Court order at the same time. I am also known on the web and in real life as Gloria; Gloria Poole; Gloria J Poole; Gloria Poole, RN, artist; and on the web as : gloriapoole; gloria-poole; gloria.poole; Ms Gloria Poole; gloriapoole.RN; gloriapoole_RN; gloriapooleRN at yahoo; gloria0817; gpoole817; artist-gloriapoole; gloriapoole-paintings; artist-gloria; Poole,Gloria; gloriapoole1749; and other variations of my real, born with, and legal name of Gloria Poole. For the record, I am a white, single-again, twice divorced, Southern Baptist, born again, Christian, woman and the mother of only two children who are grown daughters who are named Jennifer and Leigh. I am also a prolife activist, blogger, artist in all mediums; photographer for my own purposes, Registered Nurse with a license in Missouri but before that for most of my life in the state of Georgia, U.S. citizen born in the state of Georgia; University of Georgia alum, Georgia Baptist College of Nursing alum, writer, illustrator, author, personhood promoter. This blog may not be downloaded, nor copied individually or collectively as a whole; nor have domains forwarded to it that do not belong to me, nor may the photos or art on it be reproduced or saved to disk by anyone .
Repeat for emphasis: I create all content on this blog and I, Gloria Poole, own all rights to this blog collectively and individually as single posts. All telephones listed on this account and any account of mine on the web belong to me personally and are in my apartment in Missouri or in my possession at all times. Some of my numbers are wired, landline telephones and some are mobile phones. This blog and all blogs that I create and that contain my words I wrote and or art I made and signed and or photos that I photographed belong exclusively to me Gloria Poole, of Missouri and Georgia. Copyright. Gloria Poole / Gloria / gloriapoole /gloria-poole /gloria.poole/ Ms Gloria Poole/ Poole Gloria / G-L-O-R-I-A / gloriapoole1749 /gloria0817 /gpoole817 / gloriapooleRN at yahoo / gloriapoole.RN / artist-gloriapoole /Gloria Poole,RN,artist /cartooning-by-gloriapoole / photo-by-gloriapoole, and other variations of my real name with or without my professional status as Registered Nurse and with or without numbers after my name, at my own private apt in Missouri which is not shared with anyone and neither is my equipment nor phones shared with anyone, and neither is my isp account shared with anyone which means no one is authorized to log into any account of mine anywhere but me. /signed/ Gloria Poole, RN, artist; at my apt in Missouri on 9th Jan 2016 at 3:24pm.
Gloria Poole / Gloria / gloriapoole / [Ms ] Gloria Poole,RN,artist of / in Missouri, USA . -----------------