This is a simple sketch I made to illustrate that a lot of music festivals are happening everywhere, and many of them can be driven too. I made this in inktense on 9 x12 paper and signed it, photographed it and uploaded it and posted it. Also scroll to read about some of the festivals happening around world and U S.
I. Happening now:
1) "...37th annual Oak Grove Folk Music Festival running Aug. 7-9 at the Oak Grove Theater in Verona. The casual outdoor festival is three days of traditional and not-so-traditional folk music variety, mixing national acts, regional touring artists and the best of the local folk music scene."... What Oak Grove Music Festival
When Aug. 7-9
Where Oak Grove Theater, 845 Quicks Mill Road, Staunton, Virginia
Cost $60 for weekend tickets; single day tickets available for each evening. Parking is free.
Concerts run 7:30 p.m. Aug. 7; 1 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Aug. 8; 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 9
Acoustic sets start 10:30 a.m. Aug. 8
Open mike is Aug. 8.
Gospel sing-along is 10:30 a.m. Aug. 9
More info www. oakgrovefestival.com"
2) "[expect] more than 125,000 people expected to descend on Squamish, B.C. for the annual Squamish Valley Music Festival this weekend,...offer paid camping on-site, but there are only about 5,000 camping spots for the estimated crowds of 125,000 people. " Location : 39641 Loggers Ln
39641 Loggers Ln, Squamish, BC V8B 0E2
3) "San Francisco’s eighth annual music and culinary festival will be turning up the volume and nourishing concertgoers in the city’s Golden Gate Park this weekend with over 60 artists. The festival runs August 7-9."http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/08/outside-lands-san-franciscos-music-and-culinary-fe.html
4) "Foo Fest, the annual music and arts extravaganza from AS220, Providence’s artist-run alternative arts empire, is striking for a number of reasons. " Begins Aug. 8
5) Great article of five festivals in August; http://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2015/08/01/5-august-music-festivals-to-check-out/ Last weekend of August : Coming next week:
6) And beginning Aug 14th :"The National Museum of Scotland will be showcasing a taste of the Fringe and opening its doors after hours over three Fridays this month."...Friday Fringe Takeover, Aug 14, 21 and 28, 7.30-10.30pm, National Museum of Scotland. Tickets £16 or £14 for members and concessions, including access to ‘Photography: A Victorian Sensation’.
7) "The seventh annual North End Arts and Music Festival is set for Aug. 28 and 29 in Waterloo, Iowa 50704 .
The celebration of Waterloo’s historic North End features live music from local acts, dance, poetry, guest speakers, food, art, and games for all ages."The celebration continues from noon to 9 p.m. Aug. 29 at the African-American Museum Expo Shelter at the corner of East Fourth and Adams street.
The event is free and open to the public. For a more information and a schedule, go to www.northendfest.org.
ALSO SCROLL TO PREVIOUS POSTS BECAUSE IT INCLUDES MORE FOR AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER.
8) Brussels Belgium, Comic strip festival in Sept: http://www.rightrelevance.com/search/articles/hero?article=54e7fc061fe50b31b21ff4dba1aa3657c2508f22&query=brussels%20belgium&taccount=brusselsrr
9) "Cape Town - Camphill Village West Coast will be hosting their second annual music festival on 31 October.
The event will start at 13:00 and run until 19:00. The line-up includes popular South African artists Beatenberg, Just Jinjer, Ottoman Slap, Bootleggers and Swallowers of Time."
Get directions at : http://www.camphill.org.za/contact-ushttp://www.channel24.co.za/Music/News/Join-Beatenberg-and-Just-Jinjer-at-the-2015-Camphill-Village-Music-Festival-20150805
10) On-going for a while:
Also in UK "the BBC’s work in classical music must be protected," by buying tickets for 8 GBP to attend the "Proms" classical music events sponsored by BBC. "This year the Proms, where I heard three solid concerts this past weekend and three more earlier last week, is spread over eight weeks and features 76 major concerts at the Royal Albert Hall. Every performance is broadcast online and on the national classical station, BBC Radio 3, and many are shown on television."
About me Gloria who creates this blog as a public service
This is a personal logo for me that I made using a computer graphics program on one of my computers.
You can see more of the art and photos I create on these blogs of mine and I have updated most of these in the past week with art I made. Each is different:
https://gloriapoole.blogspot.com; most recent oil painting I painted illustrating song "Remember me this way" sung by #EdieBrickell & #SteveMartinToGo [Steve Martin on banjo]:
https://cartooning-by-gloriapoole.blogspot.com; includes the online story that I wrote and illustrated and want to publish into a book
https://sites.google.com/site/PooleGloria ; simple cartoons that I made
https://sites.google.com/site/ArtistIllustrations; pencil drawings I made of stages of human development
and other sites and blogs that I create.