Also thanks to viewers readers from around the world. See list of those at https://gloriapoole.blogspot.com.
1) April 25-May 6th: "The Lambton County Music Festival, a sign of spring in Sarnia-Lambton [Canada] for nearly nine decades, is set to run April 25 to May 6.
This year marks the 87th edition of the annual music festival where musicians, singers and choirs will be scored by adjudicators during performances held over two weeks at five locations around Sarnia.
It's billed as the longest running Canadian music festival operating independently from other charity funding or service club sponsorship.
Festival programs, $3, are available at Van Goozen Music in Sarnia. There's no charge for admission to the weekday adjudication sessions, but donations are accepted....There are close to 500 entries this year, Nichols said.
“Which is terrific,” he added.
“I'm really pleased with that number.”
They will compete for cash prize and trophies, and several will be selected to perform at the annual Festival Highlights Concert, set for May 17, 7 p.m., at the SCITS auditorium."
2) " Canberra International Music Festival is not just about the way it sounds, it’s the way it feeeeels! It’s about seeing the precise movements, sensing the connection between performers, and following the journey of a piece of music from start to finish... Taking place in nine different locations around Canberra, the festival has over 22 ticketed events. Ainslie Arts Centre is the Festival Hub, and in addition to housing the festival’s offices, is the space for artists to rehearse and relax during the festival. It will also host Talk of the Torn artist discussions, the Sounds on Site concert, Braddon, Bread and Games and a children’s concert....
Experience the best of the Canberra Music Festival with an exclusive Festival Pass – this will get you access to the majority of festival events on offer throughout the 11 day program.
The Canberra International Music Festival runs April 28 – May 8, 2016."https://www.qthotelsandresorts.com/canberra/qt-blog/canberra-music-fest/ and Canberra site: http://www.cimf.org.au/ includes the full calendar of events and much more info.
with special note that booking window for chefs is open until April 25th for the gala dinner.
3) April 30th-May 14th:
"To jam out at various Robinsons Malls are: triple Platinum-selling hitmaker Hale at Robinsons Place Las Piñas on April 29 and at Robinsons Galleria Cebu on April 30, guitar-driven rock band Itchyworms at Robinsons Place Las Pinas on April 30 and at Robinsons Place Antipolo on May 13. “Rockestra”-inspired band Silent Sanctuary and pop rock icon Callalily perform at Robinsons Place Manila on May 6 and 7, respectively; while Up Dharma Down takes the stage again at Robinsons Galleria on May 13. Finally, singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Rico Blanco brings the festival to a grand finale at Robinsons Place Antipolo on May 14.
To watch any of these concerts, customers may simply dine at any participating restaurants of these Robinsons Malls, and present their receipt at the preferred concert. Be at the concert venue at 6PM to get the best seats in the house.
OPM Jam: Soundbites Food and Music Festival concert series is brought to you by Robinsons Malls and The Philippine STAR. See posters and flyers for details. For inquiries, please call (02) 397-1888 local 31137" Read more: http://www.philstar.com/food-and-leisure/2016/04/21/1574970/opm-takes-center-stage-robinsons-malls-soundbites-food-music
4) Joshua Tree Music festival :http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/worth-the-trip/Sun-Tunes-Vibes-Joshua-Tree-Music-Festival-376297681.html w/ "MAY 12 THROUGH 15 FESTIVAL? Look/listen for Desert Rhythm Project, Dhara World Music, All Good Funk Alliance, Greener Grounds, 3rd Ear Experience, and several more artists and acts." For more info :"http://www.joshuatreemusicfestival.com/
"U.S. singer Chris Brown will hit the stage on May 20th in Rabat for the opening of Mawazine's 15th edition, Africa's top music festival.
The Grammy Award winning singer will perform for his first performance in Morocco, the festival's organizer Maroc Cultures Association announced on Tuesday....In addition to the opening by Chris Brown on May 20, the closing show will be given by Christina Aguilera on the 28th.
With over two million festival-goers for each past edition, it is ranked the second largest cultural event in the world." http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2016-04/20/content_38285217.htm
5) "What's the hottest thing in electronic music? Sriracha, of course. The Electronic Sriracha Festival (ESF) returns to San Jose on May 29.
The cult favorite spicy condiment is the unlikely star of this festival, which launched at St. James Park in 2014 but took last year off. This year, the seven-hour event will be held at History Park...Advance tickets start at $9.99 and are available now on Eventbrite.
6) "On Saturday 7 May, the iconic laneway hidden between Merivale and Grey Street [in South Brisbane , australia] will be electrified...The free, all-ages festival, presented by Aria Property Group and The Fox Hotel will run from Midday to 10 pm, Saturday 7 May."
For more information, visit: facebook.com/fishlanefestival
7) Brisbane , Australia new music and arts festival , will be held at Lake Moogerah from May 21-22....
"We wanted to make sure the festival had the community's interests at heart and Kids Helpline are a great charity that benefits a lot of people.
"It's a music festival but one that's really community-centric with a focus on art and food."
The event organiser said children of all ages were welcome at the camp with adult supervision.
Tickets for the event are all inclusive and cover accommodation, activities and meals.
Tickets are free for kids under two, $50 for those under eight years with adult tickets ranging from $149-$179.
For more visit deathvalleyfuncamp.com; http://www.qt.com.au/news/lake-moogerah-set-for-new-music-and-arts-festival-/2984248/
8) Happy to announce we will again be part of the Apple Jam Music Festival in Williams, OR this year. Gems hits on May 22nd. It’s an amazing festival!!! More info at the Apple Jam website: applejammusicfestival.com;
- June festivals:
9) Autism fund-raiser: 2016 Spectrum Music and Arts Festival includes a call to artists to submit work to a juried art fair;
Spectrum Fest 2016 poster Presented by Farmers & Merchants State Bank
RFA musician with guitarThis event to benefit the Autism Society of Northwest Ohio (formerly called “Rock for Autism”), has become a day-long festival showcasing Toledo’s talent in all the arts. All proceeds benefit the Autism Society of Northwest Ohio.: "Saturday, June 4, 2016
141 North Fulton Street,
Wauseon, OH 43567
Doors open at noon, with local art, including work by local high schools, on display and for sale until dark. Festival runs until around 11:30 pm. Purchase food inside Sullivan’s, or hamburgers and hot dogs outside.
Children’s Activities: Live children’s music from 2 – 3 pm...
4:00 pm Brian Bocian
5:00 pm Nick Neenan
6:30 pm Amelia Airharts
8:00 pm Breaking Ground
9:30 pm Match City (featuring Calen Savidge, Joe Woods, and Frank May)
Cost and payment information:
Tickets are $15.00 at the door, $10 if purchased in advance. No additional cost for children’s art classes, and supplies will be provided. Adult painting class $30.00 for class, canvass, paint, a glass of wine, and appetizers.
Concert tickets : Tickets can be purchased in advance at Sullivan’s Restaurant and online here and may be available at Farmers & Merchants Bank. You may also call the office at 419-578-2766 between 11 am and 5 pm to purchase tickets via credit or debit card.
10) June 23-25: " St Kitt's St. and Nevis (WINN): The 20th anniversary of the Annual St. Kitts Music Festival will feature more big ticket acts than ever before."http://www.winnfm.com/news/local/16400-music-festival-20-bigger-and-better
11) http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/stepping_out/music/music-festival-honors-years-of-runnicles/article_98fe780d-40d9-5d24-bf77-a2f0ef0ad390.html, " Each year the Grand Teton Music Festival offers one of the most unexpected joys of life in western Wyoming: a world-class symphony orchestra playing classical music in the shadow of the Tetons for seven weeks."
12) "Kendrick Lamar and Puff Daddy will close out Essence Fest's final night of music at the Mercedes Benz Superdome this summer, leaving Maxwell and Mariah Carey to headline each of the other nights. Tickets for the festival's music performances are already on sale.
Essence Fest returns to New Orleans with its cultural showcases, panel discussions and workshops on June 30, but music at the Superdome doesn't begin until the next day, leaving three nights of high-octane performances for festival-goers, from Friday, July 1, through Sunday, July 3.....Essence Fest's daytime events at the Convention Center are free and open to the public, but the concerts at the Superdome are ticketed. Three-day tickets to Essence Fest are on sale through TicketMaster and start at $136.50, plus applicable fees. Single day tickets are also available, and they start at $55, plus fees. "http://www.nola.com/essencefest/index.ssf/2016/04/essence_fest_2016_day_by_day_l.html
13) Festival Cabaret music on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Festival-Rouge-French-Cabaret-Music/dp/B003694D5A
More fun things to do :
14) Make Queen Elizabeth's favorite chocolate cake: https://www.yahoo.com/style/a-cake-fit-for-royalty-queen-elizabeth-iis-190548366.html
15) Look at Queen Elizabeth's jewelry collection and tiaras: QE II's diamonds: http://www.popsugar.com/fashion/Best-Royal-Diamonds-40950294#photo-40950294
16) Watch simulation on youtube of Titanic voyage : http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2016/04/20/titanic-animation-ship-sink-real-time-video-game/83269732/
17) Return to the arch if you are UGA alum: http://alumni.uga.edu/seminar/
PAGE 2 OF THIS BLOG IS: https://lifes-entertainment.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html
This is my 2016 logo for the time being. I signed it in paint and painted in that little brush. Copyrighted.
My copyright notice I made for this blog and all content on it. Read statement below.
This is one of my Christian crosses to remind all that I am raised Southern Baptist and am believer in THE LIVING LORD JESUS.That is my hand in that photo that I photographed in recent months this year. To read what I believe please read https://salvation-is-free.blogspot.com.
This is the display I made of the University of Georgia's Terry College of Business where I got a second education and graduated with a business degree.
This is my selfie [Gloria Poole,RN, artist] in spring 2014 but I look the same except that I am thinner and my hair is longer but I still put it in lop-sided pony tail when I walk about or create art to prevent hair from blowing into my eyes or into paint.That is also me that you see in the "about me" box on right side of this blog and I am wearing a dark grey winter wool hat because that photo was taken of me in state of Georgia in Jan 2010 and my family in Georgia saw me wearing that hat and so did other people. So I am leaving that photo also on this blog for that reason.
This is one of my photos of the U S flag I photographed on walkabout to remind all I am a U S citizen with all civil liberties including freedom of Press, freedom to worship THE LORD GOD, and freedom to associate with whomever I want or not to associate with those GOD labels "abomination" and freedom to protest governments.
You can follow me on twitter on these accounts of mine: @gloriapoole; @gloria_poole; @Tartan_Bliss; @ProlifeNurse; @tweetie0187 and @personhood1.
You can see more of the art I made on my https://gloriapoole.blogspot.com and also see all links on that blog to view art I have made since 2007.
Copyright notice:I, Gloria Poole, own all rights to all content on this blog. Usually I sign the art I create as simply Gloria since that is my first name, that I was born with; but on pencil and or ink drawings I sometimes also sign my born with surname of Poole which is my legal name again because I removed the Pappas name from my name at time of final divorce decree in Oct 2007 from male DBP, and I resumed my full maiden name INCLUDING MY BORN WITH LEGAL SURNAME OF POOLE by Court order at the same time. I am also known on the web and in real life as Gloria; Gloria Poole; Gloria J Poole; Gloria Poole, RN, artist; and on the web as : gloriapoole; gloria-poole; gloria.poole; Ms Gloria Poole; gloriapoole.RN; gloriapoole_RN; gloriapooleRN at yahoo; gloria0817; gpoole817; artist-gloriapoole; gloriapoole-paintings; artist-gloria; Poole,Gloria; gloriapoole1749; and other variations of my real, born with, and legal name of Gloria Poole. For the record, I am a white, single-again, twice divorced, Southern Baptist, born again, Christian, woman and the mother of only two children who are grown daughters who are named Jennifer and Leigh. I am also a prolife activist, blogger, artist in all mediums; photographer for my own purposes, Registered Nurse with a license in Missouri but before that for most of my life in the state of Georgia, U.S. citizen born in the state of Georgia; University of Georgia alum, Georgia Baptist College of Nursing alum, writer, illustrator, author, personhood promoter. This blog may not be downloaded, nor copied individually or collectively as a whole; nor have domains forwarded to it that do not belong to me, nor may the photos or art on it be reproduced or saved to disk by anyone .
I create all content on this blog and I, Gloria Poole, own all rights to this blog collectively and individually as single posts. All telephones listed on this account and any account of mine on the web belong to me personally and are in my apartment in Missouri or in my possession at all times. Some of my numbers are wired, landline telephones and some are mobile phones. I have phones not listed on this account for my safety sake. This blog and all blogs that I create and that contain my words I wrote and or art I made and signed and or photos that I photographed belong exclusively to me Gloria Poole, of Missouri and Georgia. Copyright. Gloria Poole / Gloria / gloriapoole /gloria-poole /gloria.poole/ Ms Gloria Poole/ Poole Gloria / G-L-O-R-I-A / gloriapoole1749 /gloria0817 /gpoole817 / gloriapooleRN at yahoo / gloriapoole.RN / artist-gloriapoole /Gloria Poole,RN,artist /cartooning-by-gloriapoole / photo-by-gloriapoole, and other variations of my real name with or without my professional status as Registered Nurse and with or without numbers after my name, at my own private apt in Missouri which is not shared with anyone and neither is my equipment nor phones shared with anyone, and neither is my isp account shared with anyone which means no one is authorized to log into any account of mine anywhere but me. /signed/ Gloria Poole, RN, artist; at my apt in Missouri on 22nd April at 9:55am.
Gloria Poole / Gloria / gloriapoole / [Ms ] Gloria Poole,RN,artist of / in Missouri, USA .