Friday, February 10, 2023

St Paul MN Winter Festival Snow Sculptures

Set of photos of snow sculptures from The St Paul Minnesota Winter Festival as photographed by my daughter Jennifer Borelli who is a professional photographer among other careers, and who sent the photos to me at my request.Copyright belongs to Jennifer Borelli, used with permission.

These photos were sent to me by my daughter Jennifer Borelli after I asked her to photograph some of the St Paul Minnesota Winter Festival last week. She is a professional photographer and has another career also. She photographed the winning race horse and winner's circle for several years in Grand Island Nebraska. Also, she is a wonderful daughter!

I am planning to add to this post after I read some of my emails this morning. Meanwhile, I liked the sculptures carved from snow. Minnesota has temperatures of (-)10degrees on the day she photographed these I think, which must be necessary to sustain the snow sculptures. She did not have info on who carved sculptures and apparently neither did snow festival. it's a city event which I am willing to help promote.

Also, other festivals coming up are:

1) The 10 Best music festivals of South Florida of 2023; see miaminewtimes.com/music/the-ten-best-music-festivals-in-Miami-in-2023....

2) Deutschtown Music Festival of Pennsylvania, see post-gazette.com/ae/music/2023/02/07/deutschtown-music-festival-is-becoming-the-...

3) Geneva Music festival; see nysmusic.com/2023/02/07/geneva-music-festival-announes-2023-theme....

Also, so there is no confusion, I, Gloria Poole,Registered Nurse, artist, still live in Springfield Missouri since Oct 2018, and in a private apartment and I "work" from home. However, my work now is drawing,sketching,painting, writing,educating on #publichealth issues instead of working for a hospital as I did for 26years as my first career.

I have other blogs which I have recently updated including http://gloriapoole.blogspot.com

http://gloria0817.blogspot.com

http://gloriapoole.tumblr.com

http://gloriapoole-paintings.blogspot.com

and I have other blogs which I haven't updated in past month and you can see those listed on the blogs mentioned above.

This blog of mine is a public service blog in order to promote the sort of entertainment people could take their whole family too, including minor children. There is much " entertainment" available world wide but much of it is shockingly inappropriate for all audiences. I make an effort to promote festivals and entertainment that is wholesome and for all audiences around the world. What I know about Minnesota is scant but I do know it was settled by immigrants from Sweden and that they hold a Swedish festival there, which I wanted photos of also. I hope to visit there but I am not much of a winter person and since I was born in the deep South of the United States, I have never really had to acclimate too much to below zero temperatures. Thanks to Jennifer Borelli for these photos and to the St Paul Minnesota Winter Festival of snow sculptures there.

Posted today 10Feb 2023 at 5:37am by me Gloria Poole [owner of this account], a/k/a gloriapoole , Registered Nurse, artist of/in Springfield Missouri from my own apartment using my own computer, my own router, and my own skills .